Monday, June 13, 2011

Page 403 "a story about John Adams and Thomas Jefferson"

From page 403 of the book:  "You know," I said, “you once told me a story about John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, that Jefferson kept waiting for Adams to die so that he could die in peace as well, knowing Adams wouldn't have to live alone in the world without him.  And that Adams felt the same way about Jefferson.  But when you told me they died on the same day you could've knocked me over with a feather.
  "I think Ebert and Revenant are the same kind of men," I decided.  "Like Adams was to Jefferson, and Jefferson to Adams."


John Adams, Thomas Jefferson



John Adams (one of my favorite Americans)



Illustration of the death of John Adams


Thomas Jefferson

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of these pictures. are these the real pics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for visiting the site. I got these pics from Google Images, and therefore, can't remember offhand where they came from. It was easy to find though. --Mark

      Delete