Sunday, March 20, 2011

Page 280 "...I began to imitate well-known American movie personalities..."

From page 280 of the book:  "...To humor him, I began to imitate well-known American movie personalities, poor renditions they were but sufficient enough to keep an audience of ten drunkards laughing while liquor was purchased for me instead of by me. After my imitation of Jimmy Stewart in "The Philadelphia Story," Gerard insisted that I do Noel Coward, as he had, just the night before, watched "Sink the Bismarck" on television...."







You can't marry that guyyyyy.

The moon is also a goddess.




C.K. Dexter Haven you have unsuspected depth.

[Author's note:  Walter was thinking of Noel Coward's line "Shoot!" in the movie "In Which We Serve" not from "Sink the Bismarck" because as we all know, Noel Coward was not in "Sink the Bismarck"]





Noel Coward

No comments:

Post a Comment